Mount Vernon, IA asked in Business Formation, Car Accidents, Civil Litigation and Libel & Slander for Missouri

Q: My car was stolen march 29th took on a high speed chase and they crashed my car I was contacted buy highway patrol I ask

The officer I was on my way cop told steves towing I was on my way get the car officer said the tow truck driver rushed get my car on the truck to where I had pay 600 for them to drop it and they was told don't load my car up my insurance doesn't use steves towing now steve that owns the tow truck company told me grow some balls I cant have nothing out of my car he filled for a title to my car I got the real title to my car all I want is my stuff out of the car cant aford the price they charging me every time I have what they say the dubble it now they said 1500 for car and my stuff with out paying I loose my car my stuff in my car and cant go on the property or he said he will beat my ass I called county sheriff's office cop wouldn't help me the highway patrol said he has let me get my stuff I told Steve's towing what cops said he said he didnt care what they said I cant get any of my stuff he said I was screwed . Lebanon missouri 65536

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Tell the local cops what highway patrol said or ask highway patrol to straighten him out. Towing is a racket and they are allowed to charge huge amounts for nothing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.