Rosemount, MN asked in Contracts for Minnesota

Q: I have entered into a leally binding contract to purchase a house in St Paul MN. Both parties have signed, and prior

to closing, the seller is trying to back out. Question, do I as the buyer initiate legal action to enforce the sale, or does the realty company I am working with initiate legal action?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: The realty company and the seller do not have any contract to enforce. The contract is between you and the seller, so you will have to sue to enforce it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.