Wilmington, OH asked in DUI / DWI for Georgia

Q: under age dui (40-6-391k) in GA but from OH, Wonder if priors for OH will show up for GA. First offense in GA

Was cited for Under age dui .02 or more in GA. Priors are ovi as a juvenile and 2 ovi charges as an adult. Failed for thc and alcohol in all cases, currently on non reporting probation and sr22 license bond. Any advice is gratefully appreciated

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Ecleynne Mercy

  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: A criminal proceeding involving a prosecution for a DUI, evidence of the commission of another DUI on a different occasion by the same accused shall be admissible when:

(1) The accused refused in the current case to take the state administered test and such evidence is relevant to prove knowledge, plan, or absence of mistake or accident;

(2) The accused refused in the current case to provide an adequate breath sample for the state administered test and such evidence is relevant to prove knowledge, plan, or absence of mistake or accident; or

(3) The identity of the driver is in dispute in the current case and such evidence is relevant to prove identity.

OCGA § 24-4-417 (West)

In GA as of right now, the court in Stephens v. State, 205 Ga.App. 403 (1992), held that a “defendant's youth at the time of the similar transaction should be considered when deciding if the testimony should be admitted to show lustful disposition and inclination, i.e., bent of mind.”

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.