Denver, CO asked in Domestic Violence for Colorado

Q: Is there an exception to the rule of a 13_14_106 Colorado statue of permanent restraining order.i

I have had no contact in 12 yrs and I'm trying to have it removed. I have had no. associated people attempt service and a paid process server and they are unable to locate the individual. I have filed motion and continuances to no help on my part. Can you please assist me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko
  • Denver, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: If you are unable to serve the other party, then you can submit a motion for service by publication to the Court. You will, however, have to establish to the court the steps that you took to locate the other person.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.