Monett, MO asked in Family Law for Missouri

Q: Can I have my son put in some kind of a terment porgram for durgs? Even that I don't have cousty of him no one dose

He has live with his grandma most his life. Me and his mom had drug issues of or owe but I haven't used over 8 years don't want him to have to go trough the thing I did

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Christopher Fink
Christopher Fink pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Kansas City, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: If you do not have legal custody then you will not be able to put your son in rehabilitation. You could file a motion to modify custody and seek legal custody. Or you could ask the Children's Division to step in and do an investigation. However, there could be consequences once the juvenile court gets involved. I'd recommend hiring a local attorney to assist before you make a hotline call.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.