Crawfordsville, IN asked in DUI / DWI for Indiana

Q: How long are DUI charges on your record in Indiana and how accessible is this information?

I have two OWI charges in Indiana in 2010 and early 2011, I am now applying for a course in college that wants me to disclose my criminal record. I'm afraid that these will exclude me from the mortuary course. I don't want to list these on my application if they're not still on my record.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew L. Bennett
Andrew L. Bennett
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Valparaiso, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: If they are convictions then it will be on your criminal history as well as your driving record. Depending on when the cases were completed and if probation was successful with no outstanding issues, you should be eligible for an expungement. Keep in mind you are permitted one expungement of criminal convictions in your life, also the process can take several months before it is off your record, if granted.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.