Inkster, MI asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Michigan

Q: I want to appeal secretary of state decision on getting my license back, what forms do I use to represent myself?

I was denied to get my license back it's been 15 years and I was still denied.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: The process of navigating through the driver license restoration process is complex enough that you would be well served to retain an attorney. You may, for instance, be entitled to go directly to the circuit court judge, or you may need to reapply through the secretary of state - an attorney could best tell you where your case fits at the moment.

Keep in mind that generally these appeals can be tough. As you're probably aware, there is no "right" to have a driver license restored once its been revoked. You must convince the secretary of state that you are a stone-cold sober individual.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.