Jacksonville, FL asked in Criminal Law for Wisconsin

Q: Good Evening, I was inquiring about possible help from a pro bono Lawyer.

My name is Jamal Gill and I currently reside in Jacksonville, FL. I am unemployed and desperately seeking help to possibly seal/expunge my record. I haven't been able to gain employment mostly due to my background. I have been working as a Customer service agent for 10+ years in Wisconsin, but here in Jacksonville, Fl I have been denied over and over again because of my background. I only blame myself for my past. I am asking if it is possible to find it in your hearts to look at my case files and see if there is any way possible to carry out this request. I am 42 years old and I will just like to be able to provide for my family and retire like a normal person. Thank you in advance and please know I understand the gravity of your workload.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar

A: You really need to speak with a criminal attorney in private, and the manner in which your post was written suggested you might have been under the impression that you were dealing with a law firm. This is a public forum and it is important for you to be aware of that sooner than later.

A good criminal attorney should be able to help you identify resources in terms of legal aid, pro bono, etc. You could approach criminal attorneys listed on this site and discuss your matter in private with them.

See if the site administrators will help you take your information down. I hope you are able to find a criminal attorney to help you so that you can turn things around and provide your family the things you wish to. Good luck.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.