Atlanta, GA asked in Traffic Tickets for Georgia

Q: What if while changing lanes the other driver speeds up rashly and hits my side view mirror when I'm trying to get over

I had my indicators on to get onto the right lane and there was a distance of at least two cars, my car has cameras and sensors that tell me there was a space of two cars and the moment they saw my indicators they sped up and hit my side view mirror. After wards when we pulled over they got very aggressive and started passing racial comments at me. I told the cops all this but they're citing me for improper lane change but nothing to the other party for aggressive driving.

Before the cops came I had even dialled 911 asking when the cops would come because these people were very aggressive and saying things like I have no privilege here since I'm not white. Because of people like these I get cited but they get nothing. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ecleynne Mercy
Ecleynne Mercy
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Hire an attorney and have a trial. You will need to subpoena people and have witnesses if you want to fight this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.