West Valley City, UT asked in Divorce and Child Custody for Utah

Q: Need to find a family law attorney asap to represent myself in divorce invil ing a child born in the marriage not by hus

Husband and I did not live together between 2006 and 2016 never reconciled and he wants custody of second child not his he ordered child support for but he never paid cuz she's not his kid and claimed her on his taxes four yrs in a row and I want this resolved. Custody returned to her natural mother and her money he took from her mother returned to natural mother and my home I let him move into when he was kicked out of his mothers and homeless owning nothing then he kicked me out of by changing the locks taking everything from me and my kids are failing school getting suspended and late so much DCFS was called twice

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Craig
Brian Craig
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Logan, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: This sounds like a complicated matter where you need an experienced family law attorney. The best interests of the child test governs child custody matters. You can find lots of family law attorneys here on Justia.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.