Saint Paul, MN asked in Traffic Tickets for Minnesota

Q: Unclaimed speeding ticket and suspended license

My wife got a speeding ticket in Minnesota, the problem now is when we call to pay the fine, the ticket has not been claimed by any county so payment cant be directed anywhere. Now her license has been suspended. What do we do. Its frustrating when you try to pay theae fines but theres nobody to collect amd it messes up things for you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas C Gallagher
Thomas C Gallagher
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: I'm not sure what "unclaimed" means. But, the Minnesota Department of Public Safety administers drivers licenses in Minnesota. If you call a "Driver Evaluator" there, they should be able to help you sort it out. Another idea: if you have the citation number, go to the Minnesota court's website and use it to find the District Court Record and "Registry of Actions." It will show the County.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.