Dalton, GA asked in Traffic Tickets for Georgia

Q: I was issued an open container. The can was empty on floor passenger side. Been to court twice and return on 24th

But I believe, the reason for the stop wasn’t warrant I made a left hand turn out of a private drive across two lanes and the center lane into the left lane and immediately put my right turn signal on to merge into the right lane, because I was making a right hand turn within 1/8 mile. On the ticket the officer stated I crossed both lanes. The ticket also states the traffic was light .I have no criminal record and a prefect driving record. I been unemployed for a year and half because of congestive heart failure. They say I don’t qualify for a public defender. What are my choices. Thanks for any advice in advance

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ecleynne Mercy
Ecleynne Mercy
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You need to have a trial. They are not going to dismiss it. Your options are hiring an attorney to represent you OR you can have a trial on your own because you are debating all the facts. I pray this helps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.