Knoxville, TN asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: My son is in jail for aggravated assault domestic. He has had untreated mental issues for 10 years or more.

He needs impatient care. Should we wait until court appts attorney and talk to his attorney about inpatient care or get poa and have him committed to inpatient treatment if we bond him out. We want to help him but We don’t know the proper order to do this. His preliminary court date is July 17,2019. State is TN

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cayley Turrin
Cayley Turrin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Wait to talk to his attorney as even if he is bonded out and you commit him and he misses his court date there will be a warrant for his arrest. An attorney can get an agreement with the state to avoid this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.