Pocono Summit, PA asked in Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania

Q: The deeds and property histories say that i own a house. The improperly placed lot lines say i dont own a house.

My nieghbors lot description has errors in it. These errors caused the surveyors to make inaccurate maps. The private neighborhood association wont let me onto my property to survey it properly. The people living in my house also sent my surveyor hiking. The local police refused to look at my evidence and arrested me for trespassing ON MY PROPERTY! Now i have to go to court for this trespassing charge. What do i do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nellie T Schulz
Nellie T Schulz
  • Philadlephia, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If you are facing a criminal trespass charge, you need to consult with a criminal defense attorney immediately and/or get a court appointed criminal defense attorney. You should change the category of your question to "Criminal Law."

Once the criminal action is taken care of, you should consult with a local real estate attorney who is familiar with boundary disputes, to help you resolve your problems with title.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.