Kansas City, MO asked in Tax Law for Kansas

Q: Mistake on my check that was already taxed and then they want to give me another taxed check to make up for it is this

My HR made a mistake on my check i should not of had child support taking from it now he wants to give me another check for the difference that check will be taxed also is this legal if i already been taxed on gross pay for that pay period

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: This is a public forum where experienced lawyers donate their valuable time to answer real legal questions about important matters of general interest to the public. All questions asked are not going to be answered; some are way too complicated to answer online, while others are not answered because they are either not legal questions or are not deemed important enough to answer. Your specific question falls into the latter category, a category best described by an ancient Latin phrase: De minimus non curat lex (the law does not solve small problems).

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.