Memphis, TN asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Arkansas

Q: can I get rights terminated if I put a stop to revolving door biological dad due to it hurting my 5 year old?

bio dad has never consistenly been around. he comes and goes whenever with months in between contact. He does not have any court order visitation. Never been to court at all. He is on the birth certificate.

I’m in Conway arkansas. Not sure why it says Memphis TN

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Patrick R. Lee
Patrick R. Lee
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: Does he have court awarded visitation? You can't get his parental rights terminated, only DHS or a court-appointed attorney ad litem can do that.

If he doesn't have a court order stating he is entitled to visitation, you don't have to let him see the child. I would want to see all of the court documents regarding your custody arrangement before giving you any real advice, though.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.