Maumelle, AR asked in Child Support for Arkansas

Q: If the mother is threatening to try to raise child support, but she just lost custody of her two little ones, can she?

She just went to court and lost custody of her two youngest children to her husband due to not passing urine or hair folicle test, and is now threatening to take me to court to raise my child support, can she do that?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Patrick R. Lee
Patrick R. Lee
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: If the two children you're talking about are not your children, these issues are probably not related.

Are there other kids which you pay her support for? A change in a support obligation requires a material change in circumstances. Without knowing more, I cannot tell you whether she has grounds to try and get your support obligation increased.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.