Kalamazoo, MI asked in Medical Malpractice for Michigan

Q: My Mother went to a dentist in three rivers a few weeks ago, the dentist told her that her best route would be to have

to have all of her teeth removed so that she could have new fake teeth put into her skull. She went ahead and let the dentist remove all of her teeth to proceed with putting new teeth in. She was told to wait a few weeks and heal before having the new teeth put in, now the dentist is telling us her jaw is too small, she can't have any teeth put in ever... My mother is absolutely traumatized by this. She literally has no teeth anymore. Is this malpractice? is there something we can do? thanks in advance!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for your mother's ordeal. She could arrange a consult with a Michigan med mal attorney to explore whether the determination that her jaw was not suited for implants could have been made prior to the extraction of her teeth, whether other options would have been more logical, among other issues.

The attorney wouldn't be able to make such a determination by herself/himself. If your mother and the attorney chose to work together, the attorney would request the dental x-rays and records and have them reviewed by another dentist(s). Med mal attorneys generally provide free initial consultations. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.