Asked in Family Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for Louisiana

Q: How can I apply to take curatorship away from the one currently in place?

She is a distant relative and before the hearing the judge had already made his decision based on the lies they told about the son and daughter. She has fought the daughter who is undercurator about everything per her lawyer. If family wants anything including photos we are told we have to purchase them. While she has gone through over 200,000 of assets during 18 months

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Another relative needs to hire a family law attornry to file a Petition to change the curator and for an accounting.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.