Chillicothe, MO asked in Family Law for Missouri

Q: My daughter has been trying to get ex-husband to change his weekend visitation with their 8-year old boy. He has not

answered or agreed. He has also refused visitation with his 16 year old daughter. Reason for changing weekends is to coordinate mother's weekends off with 8 -year old at her home - to be in her supervision. If ex-husband files for contempt hearing - can his lawyer represent him without his presence? What consequences would my daughter face?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lydia Seifner
Lydia Seifner
  • Springfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Absent an agreement by both parties, you have to follow the parenting plan put in place by the court. If you need to change the parenting plan order long term, then you will need to file for a modification of the current order. Speak to an attorney local to assist you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.