Shakopee, MN asked in Family Law for Minnesota

Q: Can a predatory offender, that has to register for life, get unsupervised visits with their children?

I am going through a custody situation, after having child support raised. I was given sole legal and sole physical custody in 2011. I had child support raised in December 2018 and a month later I was served with custody papers. My daughter is 9 and her Biological dad is a registered predatory offender because he did stuff to an 11 year old when he was 19. He was awarded 1 hour/week supervised visitation and now wants overnights. My attorney just withdrew representation because she believes that after 9 years, he deserves overnights with my daughter, whom I've raised on my own the entire time. What should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
  • St. Louis Park, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: You should get an attorney who cares about your daughter's safety - and pronto.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.