Atlanta, GA asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Federal Crimes and Health Care Law for Georgia

Q: Can cps keep my child away from me and in foster care for medical neglect

My daughter was taking into cps custody after the judge in my family court case claimed I medical neglected my daughter for changing her therapist so because of that he gave custody to dad and my daughter refused to go and the police had to come twice they spoke to my 11 year old alone and they contacted cid due to what she said her reason was about not wanting to see or be around dad even though I’ve tried proving his abuse on her for 5 years and nothing. Well dfcs comes to my house talked to me and my daughter the two days later removed her from me for a few days to show I wasn’t influencing her to do their forensic interview. Four days later we had court and they stated now I was under investigation for medical neglect for changing therapist as of that day and now investigating me with my other children as well who’s still in my home but made me sign a form agreement to leaving my daughter in there care because I couldn’t care for her in order for me to have Supervise visitation

1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: We are not familiar with the facts of your case, but if CPS feels they have a justified reason to keep your child from you and in foster care they can do so. You may want to consult with an attorney who can review the facts of your case in detail and present you with your options. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.