Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Louisiana

Q: If my husband agreed to pay $420 when he and his daughters mom split up 4 years ago, but now we have her 15 days out of

the month and we pay most of the transportation money. The mom doesn’t meet us to pick her up or drop her off plus what we pay having her half the month. It’s becoming too much money for us because we have her a lot of the time and the mom still asks us to pay for school supplies and such even though she gets paid. If we went to court, could we get the child support lowered since we pay every month, but still provide over half the time for her and still pay for school supplies, her mom a car seat for her, etc?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Yes you can get child support lowered. Hire a child support lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.