Orange, NJ asked in Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania

Q: I have property in Pike County Pa that I am trying to sell on Ebay. If it is sold, how do I transfer the deed?

1.1 acres of land in Masthope. Taxes and dues will be paid up to date, in full by me.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Elizabeth Tarasi

  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Contact an attorney in Pike County. He can assist you in preparing a deed to transfer the property.

Cary B. Hall

  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: I say use Ebay to find a buyer, but then handle all else directly with the potential buyer *outside* of Ebay. In other words, don't use Ebay to consummate any sale or transfer of funds.

As you're already thinking, real estate transfers are different from selling widgets online. Find a buyer first, then either have him/her go through a title company to effectuate the transfer and all paperwork, or you could hire a local Pike Co. real estate attorney to handle everything as well.

Ironically, however, I have a client in Pike Co. who might be interested to learn more about your land for sale. Kindly contact me offsite with some further detail about your property.

Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.