Morgan City, LA asked in Civil Litigation for Louisiana

Q: What kind of lawyer do I need to hire for property damage? I took my vehicle to Express oil and they installed wrong oil

Filter, which caused my engine to blow.Insurance company is trying to say negligence on my part for driving with oil light on. Car was taken back to oil company next day and they admitted wrong filter was installed, put new filter and oil . How does the portion of negligence get determined if both parties are at fault .Insurance only offered 2400.00 and I dont think that's acceptable amount

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar

A: You could contact a consumer law, business law, property damage, or general civil litigation attorney and ask them if the matter you describe falls within their scope of work. Keep in mind that this type of case might not necessarily be handled on a contingency or flat fee basis, but rather, an hourly fee basis. That should be a factor to consider and discuss with prospective attorney. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.