Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Tennessee

Q: Hello, In 1990 I was charged with A Violation of Custody Order with no conviction. Will this felony ever go away?

I worked for the State of Colorado for 27 years. I’ve never had any further legal issues or arrests. I now live in Tennessee. The arrest was in Colorado.


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Kent Thomas Jones Esq.
Mr. Kent Thomas Jones Esq.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: I'm not sure if your criminal issue was in Colorado or Tennessee. I would contact an attorney in whichever state it occurred.

If you were not convicted, then I think you have a chance of getting it expunged. If you were convicted or entered into a plea, then you would need to talk with your attorney.

Anthony M. Avery agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.