Bay City, MI asked in Personal Injury for Michigan

Q: f dont know what kind lawyer to get i am a senior there no funding in state for legal help I dont want lost my toes

my water is brown and codes saw it and fridge has been broke called codes they didnt enforce anything i waited for senor housing since it all happen finally got in packed i did what i was told to hold rent till stuff was fixed landlord sue me at last day my senior lawyercalled said sorry out funding find a lawyer and ask for a delay i called court house they no delay granted so paid all money i lost my senior apt bottomof list and back on becAUSE WOULDNT BE READY for 9 days after eviction so gave my landlord all my money dhs would not help because was 25.00 over guide for help ed i had use my i pay out for caregiver and bottle water to bath and drink since dhs would help i had to use my check for aug rent to cover judgement i couldnt fightng I been reaching out to everyone no funding or help i just bdont want lost my toes from being to cold in apt in winter I have a reciept i paid and courts now say there still a judgement to be paid

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar

A: I'm sorry for your ordeal as a senior, and that Michigan DHS was not able to help you. Contact the State Bar of Michigan - they have resources for legal aid for the public. Also look into law schools in your area. Some law schools have clinics or internships where their students provide legal services to the community as a public service based on need. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.