Chicago, IL asked in Divorce for Missouri

Q: Can a divorce be undone when only one party was present in the proceeding and the petitioner suffers from mental illness

Manic depression since 18, unmedicated and reacted impulsively in a manic state resulted in divorce. Both parties had no real property to divide and regret the divorce. Have reconcilled and need the divorce undone. Can it happen and how

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lydia Seifner
Lydia Seifner
  • Springfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: If the judgment for a divorce was less than 30 days ago, then you can have the divorce set aside. You will need an attorney to assist you. If it has been more than 30 days, then you will need to get remarried.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.