Colorado Springs, CO asked in Family Law and Criminal Law for Colorado

Q: What are the punishments for father supplying son with alcohol and pressuring him to drink?

My abusive ex husband has been pressuring our son to drink since he was very young; he’s 16 now and I recently found out that his dad bought him his own drinks and pressured him to drink. He finally caved and drank. We live in colorado but the incident happened at my ex husband’s parent’s house in Kansas City. Would everyone be held accountable and how can I protect my son??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko
  • Denver, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Underage drinking is a crime and both your son and his father, if his father supplied him with alcohol, could be held responsible if reported to the police.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.