Philadelphia, PA asked in Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: If a mother is keeping the child away from the father, what can the father do so that he can see he child?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Kathryn Hilbush

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: The father would likely have to file a custody complaint, seeking time with his child. The complaint would be filed in the county where the child has resided for the last six months.

Penelope A. Boyd agrees with this answer

Kathy Bloom

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Horsham, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If there is not custody order, father will have to file a custody complaint seeking custody. If there is a custody order and mom is violating that order, dad can file a petition for contempt. He can also file to modify the order and seek more custody time. His best bet is to consult with a local family law attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.