Akron, OH asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Georgia

Q: How do I file for extension to answer a custody modification?

I live in Ohio; Ex husband lives in Georgia. He has a filed for a modification of custody and child support as well as a few other things. I am still trying to find an attorney / money to afford an attorney. How can I file to extend the time I have to answer so that I can continue to get my ducks in a row? This case is in Gwinnett County, GA.

Thank you for your time.

1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Contact an attorney who can review the facts of your case in detail and present you with the options. The attorney can provide you with the guidance you need to answer the custody modification. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558 HomerJordan.com

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.