Canton, GA asked in Landlord - Tenant for Georgia

Q: How long does a landlord have to supply a list of all move out charges?

We moved out of a house we were renting. We are just now getting a list of all charges 2 months after the fact and we have been asking for them since the move out as they would not conduct the move out inspection with us present. Do we have a case to get some or all of the extra charges removed because of their untimeliness?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paula J. Mcgill
Paula J. Mcgill
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You can file a lawsuit to get your sec. dep back if the withholding was unjustified.

You may be able to collect treble damages plus attorney's fees in many instances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.