Fishers, IN asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Federal Crimes for Michigan

Q: Is it to late?

My brother was convicted in Michigan back in 2009 of armed robbery, home invasion, unlawful imprisonment and torture to a ww2 vet. He was sentenced along with a man that was guilty but he wasn’t there there’s no proof, the victim didn’t identify him or his voice in the lineup and even testified in court he wasn’t there but since he was on trial with the other man he got sentenced the same. He didn’t have a criminal background at all but the other man had a long line of bad things. We’ve been through every appeal and they have all been turned down. We all out of hope we were told to take it to the media and try to get some attention on it but not sure if this will do anything or really what media to begin with. My question is your next step advice... where do we go?

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: Sorry

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.