Ephrata, PA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: My 10 yr old son's being mentally abused & name called by his father during visitations.

My ex has partial custody & my 10 year old son goes to his fathers house 3 out of 4 weekends a month, we rotate major holidays & he has him a week during the summer months every year. He's absolutely miserable there & cries ballistic when its almost time for us to go to his house & to the point where it has me in tears. It recently just came to light that my sons father & the fathers girlfriends 11 year old son are mentally abusing him, in my opinion & in other family members opinions, by calling him swear word names, calling him stupid & making him feel bad about himself. The father doesnt know that I know all of this yet but I am going to address it this weekend. I dont want to keep sending my son there & putting him in that situation & environment especially when he doesnt want to be there at all. What do I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: you need to see a family law attorney if you don't have one about getting the child visitation order amended.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.