Phoenix, AZ asked in Civil Rights, Federal Crimes and Wrongful Death for Georgia

Q: My cousin was killed by a police officer in Ga 2012. His mother is dying of cancer but she never got true Justice

How could we appeal a decision in court. The police officer was never held responsible? There was no evidence provided, and there was no justice pertaining to his death. It was a WRONGFUL DEATH that basically got overlooked . When looking up even the case information on the incident only articles are the same ones from the day of him being shot by a police officer in the back of the head. He was 13 yrs old . His name Trevion Davis he was his mother's only child .

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: You cannot appeal the decision of the prosecutor

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.