Atlanta, GA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Georgia

Q: my Baby father is trying to have my daughter stay living with him what do I do?


I was going through a rough time and I had my daughter go stay with her dad and we argued on a date that I could have her back and now he’s trying to keep her how do I go about getting her back ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Were you married to the child's father? If not, has he legitimized the child? If not, then he has no legal rights to the child. He only has legal rights to the child if you were married to him or if he has went through the legitimation process. You may want to consult with an attorney who can review the facts of your case and provide you with direction. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.