Des Moines, IA asked in Bankruptcy for Iowa

Q: My mother passed away and my siblings and I were left her house my brother and I reside in the home. Our sister has file

For bankruptcy. She listed the home she only has one third of the house and now the lawyer for her has told us we have to be out of the home in less than a week. We have no money to move a large house with 50 years of stuff pets, and my girlfriend has a trake and can't move things at all. Can this really be done to me and my brother? It just ain't right.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: You do not have to move unless ordered by the court. You and your. Either should hire a lawyer to defend your rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.