Medford, NJ asked in Landlord - Tenant for New Jersey

Q: My wife moved her relative into our home without consulting me and against my wishes. Can I make the relative leave?

The relative and I have not been on good terms for years.

The relative brought pets with her in addition to the 5 that we already had and it is creating a very unsanitary and tense situation in our home.

I have asked the relative and my wife numerous times for the relative to leave and she will not.

While I am away at work my property and belongings have been taken and our house is being destroyed by The Animals.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Arslan Abid
Arslan Abid
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Karachi

A: If you are the owner of that place you can make them leave with a simple Legal Notice from a lawyer if they don't respect that legal notice you can proceed with a civil suit for ejection.

Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You will need to retain an experienced landlord tenant attorney to represent you in this matter. However, since you and your wife are probably co-owners of the house, it may not be so simple and straight forward. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.