Las Vegas, NV asked in Child Support for Tennessee

Q: Lost my job, Childs Mother offered to put child on her insurance if I paid the difference. I was told an inaccurate

total. She waited two years in inform that me that I've underpaid. I will pay the corrected total going forward. Am I obliged to reimburse?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard Robert Grefseng
Leonard Robert Grefseng
  • Columbia, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: If it was her mistake in telling you the wrong amount, I would say "No." It also sounds like the mistake should have been discovered much sooner, ( somebody was paying the bill or it was coming out as a deduction on a paycheck). However, to be 100% sure, all of the wording or your divorce decree or marital dissolution agreement needs to be reviewed

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.