Knoxville, TN asked in Civil Litigation, Estate Planning, Family Law and Real Estate Law for Tennessee

Q: can i sue for my fathers estate if my mothers being kept from her family by her poa under undustress

myfather passed away 2 weeks ago, my mothers niece i met maybe 5 times my life assumed poa as witnessed by my son by scare tactics and coaching my mother in a vulnerable state, and recently expressed this to many to verify, and its been signed off and other favors by her cousin on who is a magistrate for the city. My father is yet to be buried died on the 9th, shes acting as my mothers signature and yet to bury him and i have exhausted my options since my mother come off the vent and requested me to take several routes all dead end and now me and her grandchildren are banned from seeing her at this point. on the wills it stated mom had living rights then to myself, but this niece is taking all measures to not bury my father and not let us be with my mother and her bills ect arent being paid and no idea about the large sum of insurances, we are getting physically ill much less mentally and im in tn, this is happening in wv, it has cost me problems with my job, my fiance lost his job

1 Lawyer Answer
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Crossville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: If you believe your mother is being physically or emotionally abused or being taken advantage of financially, contact your local Adult Protective Services office.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.