Middletown, PA asked in Domestic Violence for Pennsylvania

Q: My boyfriend at the time now my ex got arrested for domestic violence... I have some questions.

When the officer got here it was 4 in the morning. I said I was being pinned down because we were arguing and I couldn’t get up and then I bit his arm to get off of me. He said he was going to serve him with harassment papers and my mind was all over the place. I thought he was going to have him pay a fine maybe or get a citation for harassment or disturbance. Then he tells me to sign this paper and doesn’t explain at all what it means, I thought it was to release the papers and I’ve never been in this situation before. It was a no contact order. I was never told Of this...He never gave me paperwork on it or name or number. Two days later he arrests him and was being very aggressive toward me when arresting him. He then yelled at me that I signed a PFA. You cannot get a pfa through an officer. the officer didn’t explain things throughly and there’s no marks on my body... is there a chance when I go to court and let them know the whole story the charges may be dropped

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Hilbush
Kathryn Hilbush
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: When you go to PFA court? Yes. Criminal court, you'll have to discuss with the District Attorney's Office beforehand

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.