Murfreesboro, TN asked in Family Law for Tennessee

Q: Should I file for an agreed divorce and get the stay away injunction or just file for an order of protection? He threate

He threatens me and my pets and destroys my property or gives it away he refuses to help me pay bills and e just keeps me in a state of fear

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard Robert Grefseng
Leonard Robert Grefseng
  • Columbia, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: divorce has significant emotional and financial consequences. It sounds like you need to file ( forget asking for an "agreed divorce" - if he has treated you so badly, you don't need his agreement, you have grounds to dissolve the marriage even if he disagrees). The order of protection can also be issued as part of the divorce proceedings. You should consult an experienced family law attorney for specific advice on your situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.