Little Rock, AR asked in Family Law for Arkansas

Q: My fiancee mother got adult guardianship over while he was in a coma from an accident 3 months ago. He is now awake

And talking . She placed him in a living rehab facility. He desires rehab from hom how. How can he terminate her guardianship

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dustin A. Duke
Dustin A. Duke
  • Cabot, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: In order to terminate the guardianship he will have to show the court that he is no longer incapacitated. This can be done by having his treating doctor fill out an affidavit. He would also have to file paperwork with the court asking that the guardianship be terminated. His mother would be served with the papers and, if she disagrees, a hearing would be set.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.