Philadelphia, PA asked in Traffic Tickets for Tennessee

Q: I got a speeding ticket (74 in a 55) in TN. I live in PA. There’s no amount on the ticket. How do I pay?

Going 74 in a 55, just over the border into TN where the limit changes from 70 (I believe) to 55. The officer said to just go to the website and pay, but there’s no amount listed on the ticket. The box saying I can pay via mail or online is checked, so I am not required to go to court. Do I need to call to find out how much the ticket is? Also, should I just pay this? Will this info be shared with PA? I have a completely clean driving record.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: When you pay that Speeding Citation, you will no longer have a perfect MVR. Call the General Sessions Court for the County you were apprehended in. They will gladly tell you how much the Ticket is and how to pay them. That is an admission of Guilt. You may wish to hire a competent attorney and try to get it dismissed on costs, etc.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.