Grand Junction, MI asked in Family Law for Michigan

Q: We have a grandson in valley Alabama. He 18 .January 1st .his mother left Michigan with son and her

Have joint custody .she wasn't Supposed to not move 100 miles away. She did with out a court order. any his son found his dad and wants to come home. Would like to know if he can go and get him and bring him home. Please answer this question thank you grandma. Ps.the mother hasn't contacted the court or my son to this day of her whereabouts. My son has not seen his son in about 11years now.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: As you might imagine, your son will need a court order. It is certainly possible to obtain, and in fact the mother could have a lot of answer for.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.