Omaha, NE asked in Copyright, Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Products Liability for Nebraska

Q: Hello! There is someone accusing me of rape to the university

I have an issue going on at (X) University. The university decision wont be based on facts. They said if it is more likely that you might did that then they will dismiss me from the school. They already have effected my mental illness, my life, and my school performance. I am planning on gathering all the evidences that I have given them and file a suit against the university and the student who reported me to destroy my life. How do you think I should I take the case to the court and what title of lawyer will be the best to handle this case. I have explained to them everything and provide whatever they asked for, but I do not trust them anymore. They seemed like they are supporting the girl more than looking into the real evidences. I need a lawyer to follow the case at the university and if he decided to go to the court, I will go there.

1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: If you have a situation that involves both potential criminal charges and a disciplinary issue with an university, you will want to contact an attorney that has experience with both criminal defense cases and school disciplinary issues.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.