Mcallen, TX asked in Personal Injury for Kansas

Q: Is this still True in Missouri? My son is a resident of KS and injured in Missouri. Is he required to subrogate?

His PIP paid $4,000 in medical payments related to his personal injury

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Adams
David Adams
  • Olathe, KS
  • Licensed in Kansas

A: It will likely depend if your son was the owner of the vehicle that was insured and if the policy was his policy. If he was a covered person under his parent's policy, then there is some case law to indicate the med payments do not have to be repaid. If he was the actual insured of a vehicle he owned, he will likely have to pay the med payments back (as he agreed in the policy that was issued).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.