Kennesaw, GA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Georgia

Q: EX refusing to pay CS during appeal

EX has appealed CS order and says he does not need to pay until appeal is decided. My attorney agrees and also that EX won't have to pay arrears if appeal is denied. How can this be true? Can he file appeal after appeal to avoid CS? How am I supposed to care for my son?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Powder Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If there is an existing order, your son’s father must obey it; to say that he doesn’t have to because he filed an appeal is false. The penalty for failure to comply with a court’s order is contempt.

You may benefit from contacting another attorney. More information about your case is needed. We are glad to assist you. I wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.