Knoxville, TN asked in Criminal Law and Constitutional Law for Tennessee

Q: How does a citizen get help when a officer enters property with no reason

A officer pulled into a private drive way and questioned the 2 men in the truck and physically pulled them out of window put in police car and took to jail, NO CRIME WAS COMMITED No one called ask for police to pull in to property, pleaced the passenger on a outrageous charge of Cocain not a drop of it was on the property or in possession but cant make Bail, Camera from Officer will prove ever word I said. Why cant a person have a reasonable bond when he has no record of having a thing to do with cocaine

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: It may well have been a legal stop, but a motion to suppress should be plead anyway. The LEO will claim he had knowledge of a contraband transaction, and apparently he was correct. The Defendant needs a competent attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.