Delray Beach, FL asked in Probate for Florida

Q: We asked the probate judge to remove a personal representative from the estate of our family member who died intestate.

We cited multiple cases of mismanagement and incompetency. The judge denied the motion without a hearing that we requested. We have no reason from the court for the denial. What can we do to bring this back before the court and demand a hearing?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jennifer Marie Neilson
Jennifer Marie Neilson
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Cape Coral, FL

A: You could file a Motion to Reconsider or appeal the ruling. You should obtain the advice of a probate attorney who can review the specific details of your case and advise you as to the best course of action.

Jennifer Neilson


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.